Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sometimes It Pays To Know Someone...

To all those who either nearly or actually did fall off their chairs yesterday, by seeing the first post in over two months appear on my blog, pick your tongues up off the ground. Here I go again!

One day last week I left early from work to run around and get some miscellaneous things accomplished like renewing my drivers license and passport (even though I am not going anywhere anytime soon...it's a "just in case I want to go somewhere I'll have it" errand), actually paying car taxes to register my car before the cops pull me over in march for a three month expired registration. I also bought some flowers for my friend Jamz who just had her baby and went and saw her at the hospital.

My story though, focuses on the first activity I mentioned. The dreaded DMV-Drivers License Division. I kinda thought that since it was about 3 p.m. maybe the lines wouldn't be so long. Turns out I was sorta right, however, I didn't know that I had to bring every tiny piece of information that ever existed to prove that I was actually me, and not some imposter or something. So, I had to leave and run up to my parents house (which was luckily not far away), to locate my birth certificate.

Before I left I wanted to slap the obnoxious man behind the counter silly for being a rude SOB. He's telling me that I need to have this list of stuff, of which consisted of something he referred to as simply "letters" and that I needed two of them. When I asked him to clarify what he meant by letter, he got rude, and said,

"You know, like mail, something with your name and address on it?!"

Here's the killer though,

"Do I need to write it down for you?"

SMACK, you stupid moron!

Anyway, so I went and got what I needed (plus some in case the bozo decided to add anything else to the list), and returned only to find the line had since doubled in size! As I was standing in line to get my number, I noticed my friend was working, so I yelled out her name to say hi. She asked why I was there and told her I was renewing my D.L.. She then said to come over to where she was (basically skipped over like 6 or 7 people, she took my pic, and we went right over to her desk to get me processed. about 30-45 min later on my way out the door, I noticed a couple sitting there who were just a few people in front of me in that initial line, still waiting to even be seen!!! HA HA!!! SUCKERS!!!

I could totally tell they were trash talking me as I walked out but I totally didn't care! It pays to know someone!

BTW, while renewing my passport, I had to get new pics taken. The first picture was 10 years ago, and they told me NOT to smile. This time they told me I could smile, just not show any teeth because of the government's facial recognition software or something. Many thanks to Costco for the cheap, 5 minute pics, that do not make me look like a terrorist ready to kill the first person I see, or make me look like I am as high as a kite!


4 comments:

Courtney said...

I've heard about how bad the DMV is but have luckily never had your experience with it. Love the new pic.

liesel said...

Didn't fall off my chair the first time, nearly did this time though! Wow, you really are on a roll!

And nice passport picture! Cool that you can smile now (at least a little).

goddessdivine said...

I don't know....you look a little terrorist-y. ;-)

Ok, next time I have to go to the DMV, I'm taking you with me so I can cut in line.

Sac Hermes Birkin said...

Picnic backpacks are of proper relevance for people who wish to Beats by Dre Headphones carry bags as a substitute of baskets all over their picnic. Also you can delight " special " someone by treating the face using a unforgettable picnic basket tas burberry practical knowledge that he/ she might remember for a lifetime!
The picnic backpacks are built over these different types of method that a person can carry apparel and utensils both when shopping. These backpacks are delightfully created to have the very important merchandise Px90. A variety of them would be the following: Pack for two main: A few of the backpacks can be found for less than two persons. These backpacks are actually less significant in dimensions and they've two flaps P90x Reviews. In people two flaps you can share your garments start of this companion P90x Workout. A single analysts you could have your clothes despite the fact that during the other you are able to put in place the clothing of this spouse. These are definitely meant for only two individuals and therefore are around in a variety of colours and designs. People typically want these bags which are properly constructed in pink and red Beats by Dre Earphones. White backpacks are available Px90 Workout. A number of them have attractive floral motifs.