Friday, June 02, 2006

The Newest Edition of the Jones Family

Wow what a week! I went on a trip to Ohio to visit my family with my mom, and we ended up having to pay an extra $300 to change our flight to come home earlier because the security alarm selling group got moved to Denver from Cincinnatti because it was a much better area. We did get to watch about four days of baseball games, which if you know my family, is a normal way to spend vacations.

We got to fly home on the same flight as my baseball player brother because he was coming home for the birth of his second child. The doctors were going to induce labor Saturday morning, but since my brother couldn't get a flight out from Columbus, Ohio until late afternoon on Saturday, they decided to wait until Sunday morning to induce labor since they were basically working around Mitch's schedule anyway. We arrived in Salt Lake about 9 p.m. Saturday night, and drove my brother home to his house in Springville. We arrived there about 10 p.m. and left shortly thereafter. About midnight my sister-in-law's water broke all by itself. Talk about mind over matter! We have all been fearful that Tavi would go into labor before her husband could make it home for the birth. I guess that baby just needed his daddy to be there before he would budge an inch!

My other nephew has been quite the proud big brother. He gets mad when others are holding his baby brother because he wants to hold him and kiss him all the time. Truthfully we were all a bit surprised, because as the only grandchild on this side of the family, he has been quite spoiled and definately not starved for attention and kisses from everyone around! We are all just waiting to see how long it takes him to snap out of the "proud big brother" mode and try to hit the baby with his baseball bat (he trys to hit everyone else already if you irritate him)!

Without further ado, I want you all to meet:

Cooper Shea Jones

Born May 28, 2006

8 lbs 10 oz. 20.5" Long


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being an aunt...AGAIN! Those pictures are pretty cute, and I can't wait to meet him in person. So glad that everything went well.

P.S. That is so cute about Easton and the kissing of the baby. I am sure he is a great big brother. :)

Anonymous said...

What a cutie pie!! Congrats on the 2nd nephew :) You're so lucky to have them so close!