Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Results

Sorry about the delay on getting you all the results of the Gingerbread House Competition. I spent Thanksgiving weekend at the Folks' and with all the festivities, I simply forgot about it!!! Anyhow, yesterday I went to lunch with Shameonyou21, and she yelled at me for not getting it done yet, so I figured I had better do it quick before she decides to deflate my tires while I sleep or something (although she still doesn't entirely know where I live)!

The results according to the neighbor lady were as follows:

First Place-House #3. She liked the Cinnamon Bears roasting marshmallows on the fire pit, and the loved how the burnt gingerbread looked like stucco. She also gave them props cause it was twice as big as everyone else's, and they made their gingerbread from scratch instead of using a kit like everyone else. This house belonged to my sissy EK and her hubby Tater Tot (the construction worker just like Shameonyou21 thought).


Second Place-House #1. She wanted to disqualify them for the use of the illegal fake snow stuff and the plastic reindeer, but when they whined about not hearing the rules, she let it slide cause she liked the reindeer poop, and the candy cane fence. This house was the genius of my older brother Mitch, his wife Tavi, my nephew Easton, and my daddy Calvie. Easton threw a fit about how they HAD TO HAVE a fire pit too, cause Ericka and Taylor had one! There was some arguing with me and my dad over the Peeps Snowmen, and the Peeps Trees cause we both bought them, and he couldn't find his, so he accused me of stealing his and putting them in my stash. He even pulled his receipt out to "prove" to me that he bought them. I told you that us Joneses get a little too competitive for our own good sometimes!

Third Place-House #2. The lady gave the lower placed houses "other prizes" too. This one got the award for "Most Traditional." She said she felt like she was "there" or something like that. Liked the brickwork, the icicles, and the DumDums for light polls. The pretzel fence was a last minute throw together. This was MY house, and MY house ALONE! My momma helped me put up the fence and the Nerds walkway though cause everyone else was finished and mad they had to wait for me to finish. GOOD GRIEF, it wasn't as if I had a partner to work with, or four people helping me like others did!!! Anyway, thanks to all of you for your love on this one!

Fourth Place-House #5. This house got the award for "Most Original." She loved the Cinnamon Toast Crunch shingles, and the Tootsie Roll fence. Grandpa Keetch gave them the idea of the Hersey's Kiss out of the chimney...BRILLIANT! You can't really tell, but they have the log cabin theme going on the sides too. Good thing I didn't have time to make my own gingerbread logs for my cabin, or that would have been embarrassing! This house was the handy work of my little sissy Megs and her bff Gage.

Fifth Place-House #4. Aside from my older brother who is "Mister Trash Talk" everyone of us thought this house was the clear winner. This was my younger brother Brady's , and his wife Lauren's house. Brady went home PISSED, cause they lost. Mister Trash Talk didn't help matters much either. He made fun of the fact that Brady's house came in last place, after all that work they did. Then again, Mister Trash Talk also told Taylor that his house was going to get hit by a roadside bomb too, so what does he really know! Anyway, this house got the award for "Most Creative." Ya think??!! Aside from the doormat, and the swirled melted Jolley Rancher stained glass windows, you have the ice skating pond, the Frosted Mini Wheats for shingles, the Licorice Nibs for brick, and the Cotton Candy for billowing smoke out of the chimney. What more do they need??? Brady told my Momma that he hated her neighbor, and Lauren told us the other day that Brady was in a super bad mood all the rest of that night!!!


Think we take things a little too seriously??? Nah! If it weren't for us Joneses, there would be no standard for the rest of the world to live up to!!!

No comments: