Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Cooking Mood

I do love to cook. That is no secret, nor has it ever been. I have recently been very very lazy and not really made anything for a long time. I have eaten, don't mistake that, my meals have just been parents/sammiches/Shameonyou21's house/restaurants/VERY BAD Red Rooster fried chicken and waffle restaurants.

No worries though! I think I have found my passion again over this last week! I made homemade scones with homemade honey butter one Sunday. I came home from work one day last week, and all of a sudden had the desire to make homemade broccoli beef. So I went to walmart, bought the groceries, came home and made it! I also threw in some homemade ham fried rice for good measure!

The night before last, I asked my new roommate around midnight----OH YEAH, I forgot another new event for my list! I got a new roommate! Idyllic Ideas finally moved in! There goes all of my future roommate bashing posts though. I know how much you all believe that too! ANYWAY, I asked her what she wanted me to make for dinner the next day. She came up with the kabobs idea.

I made both chicken kabobs and steak kabobs. I bugged Shameonyou21 at 12:30 a.m. over text message for some suggestions. I marinated the chicken in my usual soy sauce/7-up marinade starting the next morning. I did not marinate the steak, but just brushed the finished kabobs with garlic butter before cooking. Idyllic Ideas really wanted to add the fruit of the devil (pineapple) to her kabobs, so I made sure those stayed far away from my kabobs (even though those that ate them said they liked them)!

I really wanted to BBQ the skewers, but somehow, my small charcoal grill disappeared at my parents' house, so I settled for baking them instead. I guess they turned out alright...in fact, they were pretty freaking fabulous!!!

My neighbor made us dinner tonight since I have basically fed her over the last month off and on! Anyone got any other ideas while I am on a roll? You all might want to try and take advantage this roll if you know what's good for you--mmm food...good...

6 comments:

ShamelessPhotography said...

There was this time this friend of mine was going to make me cream puffs... does that count???

Meagan said...

How come your little sister and her newlywed husband dont get invited over for these meals?? you know we have no groceries right?!

liesel said...

You know you can come cook for ME anytime you want, right?

....cream puffs sound dreamy right now.

Jaime Dubois said...

I want to take advantage of this trend you have started! Pick me, pick me!! Besides, I am hungry ALL the time now. I need lots of yummy food. :)

Grant and Stacy said...

Um, nothing is better than grilled pineapple. What's the matter with you?!!?!

Kristi said...

I'd personally like to sample some tasty Wienerschnitzel and some real apple strudel. Mmmm.