Greg's Restaurant for those who know about and frequent it, is known as "The Best Kept Secret in Utah Valley." I have actually been told this by a few people, and it is not just my extremely biased opinion! Greg's Restaurant is located in the McKay Events Center on the Utah Valley State College campus. The restaurant is run by the Culinary Arts Students, and is only open during the course of the school semester. During the Fall semester, they feature International Cuisine, and develop menus from regions all over the world, such as French, Italian, Thai, Japanese, etc. During the Spring semester, they feature American Regional Cuisine, and develop menus from regions all over the United States such as Tex Mex, Central Plains, Pacific Northwest, American Steakhouse.
The price is only $16.95 per person, and they only accept reservations. They have reservation times every Thursday and Friday night ranging from 6-8 p.m. It is a five course meal, served in various creative plate presentations. You can expect to pay $30-$50 on average at other fine dining establishments in the state. You get your choice of one item from each of the following categories.
Our theme/region for the evening was Pacific Northwest. For some reason, we didn't get any pictures of the salads, but you get your choice of that too! Here is how our evening went:
- Trio of Grilled Bell Pepper & Eggplant Terrine
- Deep Fried Salmon Croquettew/Caper Dill Tartar Sauce
- Mussels in Thai Coconut Broth
- Red Lentil Soup w/Walla Walla Marmalade
- Green Pea Soup with Crab and Mint
- Blackberry Barbecued Breast of Chicken w/Creamy Potato Salad, Shoestring Potatoes & Chinese Broccoli w/Crispy Garlic
- Roasted Morgan Valley Lamb Top Sirloinw/Thyme Merlot Reduction, Spicy SweetPotato Hash Browns & Zucchini & Snow Peas w/Basil
- Chocolate Mocha Something w/Cream & Cookies & Chocolate Shavings (Can anyone remember what this was really called? Nem was the only one who ordered it)!
- Panna Cotta w/Strawberry Gelatin & Black Pepper Tuille
Here is a copy of their menu this week, so you can get an idea of how menus vary.