Saturday, October 15, 2005

My 14 Hour day

In case you were all wondering, I am alive and [barely] kicking. I got home from school last night, or I guess this morning (Saturday) at 1:35 a.m. and at 2 a.m. I finally went to bed. My day started around 8:30 a.m. Friday morning. I decided it was time to wake up from my partially Nyquil induced coma at :30 this morning--which is so not like me to sleep that long. I checked the time at 9:00 p.m. last night and we still had two or three courses to serve, not to mention dishes from an eight-course meal for 600 people to wash with people like Bossy who just stand around and do nothing.

Anyway, I thought I would post a few pics from the dinner, but I have to warn you, another student took the pics with my camera, and I am not happy with the way they turned out. Just a fair warning that they are not my doing! I am going to get some good pics from someone else I hope next week, but in the meantime, at least least are a good repre-sentaion of how I remember the whole evening as of this morning!

A reporter from the Deseret News was there last night taking pictures of all of us doing random things trying to prepare for this dinner. I am not sure if he was doing an article on the dinner or on the culinary arts program, but I am a little nervous about whatever his purpose there was . Right before the hors d'eurves reception he came up to me and said:
"I noticed you changed your chef coat and apron and you look all nice and white,
would you mind getting one of your platters and posing for a
few pictures?"

What am I going to say to that? No thanks, I don't want my picture taken. I can't really say no. So I agreed and I stood there for what seemed like eternity thinking to myself how long this really has to take. I swear he was taking pictures for like ten minutes. Meanwhile, I am standing there trying to keep smiling (which is so hard) and I notice my dressing on my is oozing off the side of the platter cuz he made me stand there forever tilting the dumb thing!

I got many compliments on my ice sculpture-which I am going to try to get those pics to you soon. One lady told me it was exquisite and that my food and table display was beautiful. I had one guy come up to me and the end of the reception and ask if he could have three more slices of one of my items since the reception was ending, and I had some left. I guess that means the food wasn't half bad either!


shameonyou said...

Of course your food isn't half bad!!! Do you think I would be on a sixteen month waiting list for a pie??? Oh Pulease!! (by the I up yet? lol).

I am glad that your table and ice sculpture garnered so many comments!! If you need any help for the NEXT one let me know!! Its fun for me cause I don't have to stress about it and you let me do what I want! What an admirable quality in a friend!!! LOL.

P.S. I hope bossy's table was very ugly.

kristen said...

So are you ready to kill yourself yet? Those are some long days. I've had those and am glad that part of my life is over.

Streets of Belfast said...

Everything looked absolutely wonderful. Even with the bad photos, I could tell how great everything looked--especially the sculpture. WOW.