Thursday, November 24, 2005

Turkey Day Surprise

I want to start out by saying that I hope everyone had a marvelous day--regardless of the fact that a few of you didn't get a vacation or even celebrate this wondrous occasion!

Anyway, I had every intention of for my next post writing a smorgasbord of things, but this morning my phone rang and my friend says to me that I am now world famous, and everyone is going to know about my cooking ability. Very confused, I asked him what he meant by that. He then proceeds to tell me that he stopped to fill up his car at the gas station and he decided to purchase a newspaper. Apparently my picture was in the Deseret Morning News, Utah Valley Life section of the paper this morning.

Do you all remember that big dinner we had at UVSC and how a photographer asked if I would pose for a few pictures? Nothing ever came of it...or so I thought. He made good on it today, and all the neighbors have been calling us today wondering if we had seen it. We were running late for lunch over at my aunt's house, so we didn't stop to get a paper until afterward and on our way home. We stopped at four different gas stations to no avail, and just as we were about to give up, we noticed Carl's Jr. has newspaper stands outside by their entrance. We went over and noticed they didn't have any of the actual newspapers left, but noticed the Deseret Morning News, Utah Valley Life section of the paper with my picture huge on the front cover! They were free so my mom took like six of them! I just thought it was this little article with a few small pics in the middle of the section of the paper that nobody really looks at! I didn't sign up for the cover of the whole entire separate section of the thing!

The website doesn't have the cover and stuff, but there is a nice article about the program and at the bottom is my pic that was on the front. I am not quite sure what to think about it all! My family thinks it is pretty cool, and I guess it is, it's just kinda weird for me I guess.

6 comments:

Nemesis said...

Hooray, you're famous! Yipee!!

I always knew this day would come.

Anonymous said...

Can I have your autograph? :)

Seriously, it's about time somebody recognized how accomplished you are. It's nice to see the pay back. Congrats on being recognized...especially on Thanksgiving...isn't that even cooler for a culinary arts student?!

AmyJane said...

That's way cool. Congrats. When do you make us dinner? :)

FOODIE said...

Amyjane: Nemesis and I talked about having a big dinner before she and Streets left, but we could never fit it in to all of our busy lives. We can still do it though, as soon as this semester is over. Then we can have another one when Streets & Nem decide to come home. It can be a welcome home party of sorts! Just plan it and let me know!

Jaime: I will give you a signed copy of the actual paper. That way you can frame it and put it in storage cause that's about as much use or profit you may ever get out of it!

Nemesis: I'm glad you always believed in me! Who knew that one day this girl who you & amyjane met at church one day & thought she looked like that girl from Fried Green Tomatoes, would ever amount to anything except a burn victim in the hospital! Oh wait, that's what Jamie thought!

Anonymous said...

I know I'm a little late, but yay--you're famous!

I want your autograph, too. I want to sell it on E-bay in the future.

Streets of Belfast said...

Well, I am really late, but congratulations. It is fun having your picture in the newspaper, isn't it? Can't wait for the dinner